Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Her Universe, fandom is everything. Since 2010, we’ve provided a brand and apparel that empowers women to embrace their inner fangirl and wear it proud.
We’re looking for a Business Manager that is equal parts business savvy and operationally strategic. You’ll help to plan and analyze the Her Universe (HU) business to ensure maximum sales and margin, serving as a hugely important force behind our growth. This role will be the primary liaison with internal and external partners to drive sales and business results. You’ll also partner with the HU Marketing team to develop marketing and branding strategies to grow the Her Universe brand and business. This position will report to the VP/General Manager of Her Universe.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop pre-season sales forecasts, SKU/line plans, maximizing gross margin
- Analyze past sales data (wholesale and retail) to help define buy process by category, genre, or season
- Initiate analysis of business trends, including category and channel performance and customer lifetime value
- Conduct in-season re-forecast of category unit plans, focusing on future opportunities, as well as minimizing sales/inventory risks
- Recommend test strategies based on current category performance and initiates analysis
- Represent Her Universe with internal partners: design, production/product development, licensing, legal, finance, eCommerce, marketing and merchandising in order to drive business plans and results
- Work closely with Legal to ensure contracts are completed, terms and conditions are defined/maintained, and both parties fulfill all contractual obligations for every 3rd party partnership
- Work with Marketing to develop strategies to grow email database
- Collaborate with Social Media team to increase brand awareness that leads to conversion
- Identify and develop sponsorship and advertising relationships
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 3 years of experience in data analysis and interpretation, marketing, operations and brand building; experience scaling a startup is a HUGE plus as you’ve likely had to do it all
- Since we work closely with our studio partners, licensing experience with major studios is something you’ll need to be success in this role.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least a years’ worth of experience in merchandise planning; with this you’ll need MS Excel chops and the ability to synthesize large data sets
- A passion for the Her Universe brand and geek fandom
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.