Senior Tax Associate
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're in search of a Senior Tax Associate on our team to help ensure proper tax compliance for income and indirect taxes. You’ll handle the remittance of tax returns, payments, and research of tax inquires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the preparation and review of federal and state income tax compliance and the year-end/quarterly tax provisions.
- Oversee the filing of sales, business licenses, occupation, personal property, and use tax returns.
- Supervise and train tax associates on the team.
- Prepare written communication to taxing jurisdictions for tax issues (i.e., refund claims, exemption forms, etc.).
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to current methodology and processes.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor degree in accounting or economics related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate tax accounting.
- Solid MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Impeccable customer service skills; you’ll be collaborating with various teams so you’ll need a service-first mindset.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.