TNDC- Operations Manager
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
Are you a smooth operator? We’re looking for an Operations Manager to provide leadership and direction for responsible departments within our Tennessee Distribution Center. This role will report to the Director of Distribution and will play a key role in supporting the continued fandom of our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the planning, directing, and organizing of the inbound activities within the distribution center.
- Make the call (within the set guidelines) on decisions affecting DC activities. Make recommendations and assist in the formulation of departmental objectives, policies, and plans.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for management review, evaluate current procedures and resolve operational problems.
- Ensure support of all transportation functions in coordination with traffic managers.
- Execute budget control and expense lines.
- Communicate effectively with other Hot Topic departments, customers and DC associates.
- Assists in the execution of details in personnel administration in conjunction with the HR department including; disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, transfers, terminations, etc.
- Assists the in the creation and implementation of training programs for associates to include improving communication between departments and associate development of supervisory skills, interpersonal skills and technical skills & Perform other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 5 years of management experience in a distribution environment.
- Knowledge of warehousing operations, personnel management and administration techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with current WMS and WCS systems.
- An analytical brain that’s solutions oriented – always analyzing problems and offering solutions.
- Customer service focus for both internal and external partners.
- A team player with strong communication skills (both verbal & written) and the ability to give honest, direct feedback.
- Deadline drive & results driven, holding yourself and your team accountable for results and approaching obstacles proactively.
- The ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, move between 10-30 pounds on occasion and the ability to work in an open office/warehouse environment with a lot happening all the time.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including: including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, music playing and a temperature controlled building!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.