City of Industry, CA (CADC) - Full-time
As a Maintenance Technician you will performs general and preventive maintenance to the MHE (Material-Handling Equipment) and non-MHE in the distribution center. You will ensure our facility is properly running on a day to day basis by completing the necessary repairs, modifications and preventative care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Performs scheduled preventative and general maintenance on all DC systems, Automotion/Wynright conveyor and sortation systems, Mantissa tilt tray sorter, Lightning Pick and ATOP Put-To-Light, Sharp Auto Baggers and related support systems.
- Repairs or replaces all defective components.
- Performs system modification, assembly and fabrication as required.
- Maintains facility shop area.
- Maintains parts inventory for system components, PM’s, and corrective/planned work orders, using CMMS system (MPulse) and up-to-date equipment technical materials.
- Communicates with the management on all maintenance progress and issues.
- Adheres to safety procedures, all Federal, State and OSHA guidelines and general work guidelines.
- Performs facilities maintenance functions such as replacing lights, fixtures, building repairs, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience working with MHE systems in a preventive maintenance capacity. Minimum 3 - 5 years of such previous experience preferred.
- Experience in the areas of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic repair and welding is preferred.
- Knowledge of repairing and adjusting conveyor system (such as conveyor belt lacing, welding and tracking, etc.).
- Knowledge and ability to use a wide variety of tools and test equipment.
- Demonstrate basic ability to instruct lower level maintenance associates on processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Word & Excel.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.