Senior Business Systems Analyst - Ecommerce
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We’re seeking a Lead Business Systems Analyst (BSA) responsible for leading engagements to deliver small, medium and large scale ecommerce / order management solutions. The Lead BSA will serve as primary liaison between the team, business groups and internal delivery teams. You’ll oversee and maintain the IT Applications by coordinating the processes required for business operations, and partner with Production Support and peers to assist in implementing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading system and applications. You’ll play a crucial role in our ability to expand our ecommerce footprint across our family of brands: Hot Topic, BoxLunch, HerUniverse and Torrid.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Guide and assist your user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems associated with Ecommerce and Order Management systems
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with your client and PMO team, translating requirements/business rules into functional/business specifications. You’ll collect and maintain project documentation, lead internal facing meetings and coordinate in-depth, End User review for existing and new systems
- Create test plans and develop quality assurance methodologies. You’ll Lead user acceptance testing while identifying, managing, escalating and mitigating risks for a timely project delivery while meeting business requirements
- Summarize technical design to a non-technical audience while providing direction to the delivery team. You’ll lead cross-functional linked teams through the Project Lifecycle
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems, and design details of automated systems
- Collaborate with developers/engineers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included for client roll-out/implementation, and partner with them through UAT and test plans.
- Own application versioning, plans and maintains upgrade cycles, patch acceptance testing and release and change management processes in the respective application area.
- Coordinate feasibility studies, research and make recommendations for software and system upgrades.
- Create and analyzes documentation, functional and technical specifications for potential new systems and systems at the start of implementation to determine intended vs. actual functionality.
- Develops and communicates training and documentation for end users, coordinates and/or holds clinics and other user-related activities as necessary
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (7+ years) experience in an ecommerce environment
- Working project based experience in a retail company with knowledge in retail ecommerce (Demandware/Salesforce Commerce Cloud) and order management systems (Manhattan) is a HUGE plus. You’ll have to know the technology we use in order to truly be successful in this role
- Experience implementing, enhancing and supporting Ecommerce and Order Management systems
- Process-oriented and systematic approach to projects. You’ll be familiar with agile methodology and systems (Jira, Confluence)
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Life Cycles (PLC)
- Expertise using SQL (TSQL/PLSQL) and Relational Database Technology
- The ability to create technical documentation (including Visio documentation of overall business solution). Your documentation skills are second to none, and you take pride in that
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Deep knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.