Production / Sourcing Manager
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're looking for a an expert in sorcery...er, sourcing to join the Hot Topic Production team and manage the production process from point of conception to finished product for all Hot Topic brands. This Production/Sourcing Manager will lead the strategy and production process, partnering with merchandising, design, product development, vendors and others to bring our product ideas to life.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze business needs, develop and implement global sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Manage production process from point of conception to finished product - develops and sourced fabrics, yarns, and trims; obtains approvals for fabric, lab dip, and trims
- Collaborate with key partners in design/development and negotiate costs / deliverables with sourcing partners to ensure best profit margin for the products is achieved
- Assesses existing and new vendor, factory and supplier capabilities against the assortment plan for volume, quota, costs, compliance, and lead-times; makes recommendation for a sourcing matrix
- Work closely with the merchant & product development team to ensure vision of product is achieved during the sourcing & production process & updating them regularly on deliveries and production issues.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6-8 Years of progressive experience working with overseas vendors aand product production management, manufacturing experience is a plus
- You're a sourcing, manufacturing and costing wizard
- You're always up to date on the latest trends & strategies in sourcing & production
- Negotiation is your middle name
- You have MS skills and Excel skills
- You're a strong communicator and a team player - your thrive in a team environment and are comfortable giving, and receiving, honest, direct, feedback
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.