Software Engineer - Demandware
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We’re looking for a Software Engineer that will focus on writing and maintaining code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. You write clean code, lead others who do the same, bringing experience in the Ecommerce space, and have familiarity with developing on enterprise Ecommerce platforms. You’ll work with Product Management / Business Partners to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Advise viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt. You'll then build software applications across multiple platforms, including Demandware (SalesForce Commerce Cloud)
- Foresee capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations. Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Develop project plans, schedules and budgets using MS Project
- Standardize project development methodology for Ecommerce solutions, including process, phase artifacts, coding conventions, design and programming guidelines;
- With an understanding of technical architecture, you'll write software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards. Your team will perform trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary
- Document design specifications, installation procedure, and other system-related information
- Actively lead and develop the newbies; you'll provide guidance and support to newer software engineers
- Be active in the community. You'll stay up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others both in and outside of the Hot Topic
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems on the Demandware platform. This includes coding within multiple tech stacks.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 3 years of experience in developing Ecommerce systems and applications
- Demandware (SalesForce Commerce Cloud) Expertise. You’ve participated in at least 1 Demandware implementation and have dev experience on the front/back end. This includes design and development of Demandware cartridges using pipelines, controllers, ISMLs and scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Application development in Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- Deep knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), relational database and integration technologies
- Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall methodology experience
- Skills in HTML, CSS, Java Script and other related development technologies, including design, development and testing of web front-end, back-end web-based applications, and web services
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.