Product Safety & Compliance Manager
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We’re looking for a Product Safety + Compliance Manager to partner with our Product Development team in bringing music and pop culture inspired fashion to life. Production takes a village, and you’re known as the one that’s able to keep it all in check. The result: amazing product that our customers love.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the go to person for technical/regulatory advice & knowledge of Restricted Substance List (RSL) + you'll mitigate any issues that might come up
- Communicate & train regularly on RSL with key business partners in Product development, Sourcing, Legal and factories/vendors
- Establish strong ties with the apparel/accessories/hardlines industry & testing laboratories to ensure we are one step ahead of anticipated changes in legal and regulatory requirements.
- Integrate quality/compliance efforts between design/production and vendors & create performance metrics by vendor to ensure that they comply with the safety and compliance requirements as dictated by licensor or regulatory requirements
- Oversee the testing process to ensure that all styles are tested, pass with satisfactory results and meet all state and local requirements (US and International). This includes all items that are produced with Licensor partnerships.
- Operationalize requirements by developing policy and process specifications, writing manuals and coordinating training with the appropriate cross-functional partners.
- Manage factory certifications and inspections, train new vendors on quality standards and procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Thorough understanding of compliance needs & knowledge of Restricted Substance List (RSL) with ability to mitigate issues that may arise.
- Disney, NBCU, Studio or consumer products experience a plus.
- Proven expertise in the areas of RSL in both design and manufacturing as well as US + Global safety, performance standards related to apparel, non apparel and hardlines
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence your cross-functional team and external business partners
- It's a plus if you're bilingual
- Proactive energy & a self-starter for a new role within the Hot Topic organization
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.