TNDC- Director Internet Fulfillment
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
Provides leadership and direction for all aspects of the Internet Fulfillment Center. This position is responsible for overall performance of the distribution center including operations, employee services, office operations, internet fulfillment and systems and is accountable for achieving company objectives in regard to costs, productivity, customer service and profitability. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Distribution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversees the operations and organization of all departments within the distribution facility. This includes all production departments, satellite departments, service departments, systems, internet fulfillment and traffic.
- Project management for any new or upgraded systems or equipment. This includes detailed budgeting, management, and tracking of all costs.
- Helps develop and analyze key performance metrics for the DC.
- Collaborates with appropriate business partners to ensure consistent customer service to all stores.
- Ongoing evaluation of all procedures and policies and recommendations for changes.
- Oversees the hiring and review process for all management in the distribution center.
- Creates and maintains budgets for all Distribution departments and develops tracking mechanisms as necessary.
- Ensures proper training and development programs are in place throughout the Distribution departments.
- Ensures a strong succession planning process is in place for the facility.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify resource constraints (headcount and material availability) and to analyze metrics data to make effective daily operational decisions.
- Working knowledge of financial planning and management in the retail industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level competency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook as well as a warehouse management systems such as Manhattan.
- Strong knowledge of all government and regulatory issues as they relate to OSHA, Labor Board, etc.
- Ability to analytically define, execute and sustain process improvements through Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizan, or other process improvement experience.
- Ability to hold self/others accountable for results while championing the company culture; measures and celebrates successes; creates a sense of urgency among team(s) and always looks for new ways to resolve issues and achieve objectives.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop team through delegating challenging tasks and empowering them to make decisions; fosters fair, respectful, and supportive environment while providing honest and direct feedback. Has a track record of success in developing others to take on additional responsibilities.
- Strong critical thinker able to assess problems across functions and sees multiple possibilities for resolution; able to consistently and successfully manage team to take calculated risks in problem solving and decision making.
- Strong managerial courage - Listens fully and demonstrates the ability to take feedback and adapt behavior accordingly; Provides a good balance of positive and constructive feedback in a direct and honest manner; fosters open dialogue and is a fearless and respectful communicator, not holding back on anything that needs to be said; has a track record of successfully managing difficult conversations with all levels.
- A combination of office and distribution center environment. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.