Director of Category Management
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're looking for a Director of Category Management, Graphic Apparel, partners with the Hot Top Inc merchandising teams by providing product offering that utilizes DTR licensed or fan art. You'll collaborate closely with the Art Department and Product Development teams to ensure the product is executed based on the adopted style sheets and be directly responsible for identifying opportunities with the merchandising teams in order to expand the exclusive graphic apparel offerings to our HT/BL/HU customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Pioneer and create new opportunities utilizing PD resources (including Art/Design/Production/Sourcing), identify white space opportunities and present to Merchandise partners
- Become immersed & educated in all the categories, brands and licensed products for HT/BL/HU
- Conduct extensive research and trend identification to create a recommended product offering which is unique and will result in positive sell through’s
- Utilize your attained knowledge to passionately convey a strategic point of view; Continually self-educate on where the consumer shops, how they shop, what they wear, how they wear it and the overall competitive market landscape;
- Maintain a current position on market trends, price points, vogue silhouettes and & sales conditions; Provide creative input to the design teams combining feedback from the merchandisers
- Create and present recommended programs to the merchants with a visual cohesive statement
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings preparing in advance to share relevant, beneficial information; Consistently collaborate with the art department to ensure the best assortment to the merchandising team.
- Partner with the Licensing team to understand current and future DTR opportunities for Cut/Sew Graphics and Fan Art
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Be interested, or well versed, in pop culture to identify with current trends and lifestyle brands which HT/BL/HU represents;
- 7-10 years of direct sales experience - optimally in apparel and accessories categories catering to major physical and online etailers
- Bring a strategic approach to the business creating profitable, trend right, graphic items (including tees, hoodies, tanks)
- Possess the ability to survey the market - then identify customer needs and transition them into actionable opportunities
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.