Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Hot Topic is seeking an DevOps Engineer responsible for leading engagements to deliver small, medium and large scale ecommerce / order management solutions. You’ll perform production support daily activities, participate in support meetings, support release/deployment activities under DevOps and software testing duties on a variety of customer-facing and internal enterprise systems and applications on multiple platforms.
You will work with developers, product owner and QA Engineers to understand the new features released to Production environment and create support documentation. We have multiple projects throughout their life-cycle with various departments, so you’ll put to use interpersonal and communication muscles as we work towards building a stellar ecommerce experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Accurately predict the amount of effort required for projects and tasks, and develop plans/schedules accordingly. You’ll provide architectural guidance and technical recommendations to improve performance
- Work with Support Lead on Daily tasks/activities and monitor the systems to keep production systems uptime 24/7
- Automate repetitive tasks to improve efficiency and performance of support team.
- Identify product issues and write detailed bug reports during the product development cycle
- Maintain, support the daily nightly batch and respond to errors/failures to keep the business continuity without impact to customers
- Research, develop and recommend tools that help improve efficiency of the team
- Assist QA team with quickly investigating and responding to problems reported in QA of projects
- Upgrade and maintain unit testing and integration testing environments
- Participate and review the requirements and development designs for potential performance implications and suggest the design changes if necessary
- Work closely with other domain architects, to design solutions for performance and scalability. You’ll make sure that the changes in other domains are not impacting the performance
- Ensure timely proactive identification of performance issues, escalating issues as warranted
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Passion for driving performance improvements in response time, capacity and scalability across all the new initiatives, evangelizing and supporting the performance work across all delivery teams
- At least 3 -5 years of experience in Support/Operations engineer role, preferably working within the retail/eCommerce industry
- Fluency in object-oriented programming with minimum 3 years of use of OO languages
- Knowledge of good coding practices and improving code quality
- Experience testing checkout functions
- Extensive experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability and end-to-end testing
- Deep knowledge of QA tools and automated testing environments (Selenium/WebDriver, Jenkins, Scripting Environments, etc.)
- Innovative, analytical approach to solving complex test problems and performing troubleshooting
- Deep knowledge of QA methodology & Software development processes (Agile , Scrum)
- Experience providing Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) a plus
- Experience testing security products a plus
- Familiar with agile methodology and systems (Jira, Confluence)
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.