Financial Analyst Intern
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2019 Summer Internship starts June 3rd and ends August 9th. The program provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week work plan that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business. We look forward to meeting you!
We’re looking for an intern to join our amazing Finance team! In this role you will be integral in efficiently scaling our fast growing business. You will assist the team in budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis. Analyze all levels of the business as well as interacts with different departments according to the project needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provides financial analysis support to various areas of the company.
- Assists in annual budgeting process, including store and corporate expenses, capital expenses and balance sheet items.
- Collaborates proactively with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Assists with short and long term financial forecasts.
- Updates forecast in an accurate and timely manner based on information provided by department heads.
- Assists with preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
- Provides insightful revenue and expense reporting and analyses on a recurring and ad-hoc basis and enables senior management to make informed decisions.
- Develops daily store sales plans based on prior year trends, recent trends, and communication with merchants and senior management.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Intermediate in excel
- Smells like Team Spirit – you work great on a team
- Creativity – you are always thinking outside the box
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.