Director, Product Development Non-Apparel and Hardlines
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. We're also passionate about Pop Culture...in case you hadn't noticed. We’re on the hunt for a Director of Production and Product Development to drive the design, development & production of pop culture inspired Non-Apparel & Hardlines product within the Hot Topic Inc brands. Categories include hand bags/home goods/head & hand/jewelry and more non- apparel items. It takes a village, and you will be the person bringing it all together. The result: amazing product that our customers love.
You’ll be responsible for working closely with key cross-functional teams including merchandising/licensing teams and apparel team counterparts while leading and building a team from concept to commercialization of the product in alignment with goals for all Hot Topic Brands.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for executing to strategic initiative for non-apparel/hardline categories
- Guide the design & creative process to ensure that product meets HT Inc customer needs while meeting licensor requirements
- Oversee sampling process-preproduction, trims, photo samples and top of production, focusing on COGs, Quality and On Time Delivery
- Manage the product lifecycle process/calendar for non-apparel/hardlines categories
- Maintain a clear understanding of Licensing requirements based on contractual requirements by the Licensors and produce accordingly
- Monitor and take action on pre-season and in-season challenges in partnership with cross-functional teams; Strategize with Merchants on exceptions management issues (late deliveries, quality issues or revised costs)
- Develop strong vendor matrix and risk management strategies as they arise, develop vendor scorecard and maintenance
- Implement strategies according to plans, monitor progress and make the necessary adjustments to achieve objectives
- Set, align and communicate departmental goals, convey positive and realistic expectations to the team
- Analyze business management reports and make recommendations to help drive business results
- Lead and coach staff to help meet functional and financial goals, monitor employee performance, provide feedback and develop team through formal and on-the-job training
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 7-10 years in product development in vertical retail and ecomm companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Geek knowledge a plus!
- Extensive background in CPG
- Understanding of design and manufacturing of non-apparel/hardlines categories (International factories)
- Expert influencing & negotiating skills