Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Ship it out! - We are on the search for an Exports Coordinator who helps manage the efficient and economical movement of goods across international borders in accordance with organizational policies and in compliance with relevant local, country and international customs laws and processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Administer all daily functions of export shipments.
- Ensure all styles are assigned HTS code and the PO system is updated.
- Assists in daily logistic activities with export movement of merchandise and supports logistics providers of international carriers, consolidators, etc., needed by the Company.
- Assists in the exporting compliance process.
- Maintain record keeping of all Customs related paperwork for export entries.
- Monitor daily data sent to The Canadian Customs Broker for the eCommerce and retail shipments crossing over to Canada.
- Review weekly and monthly invoicing data and properly GL code it for accounts payable.
- Coordinate with the carrier and internal teams to maintain eCommerce undelivered packages
- Tracks daily supply chain requirements, industry trends and collects data for supply chain metrics.
- Create export paper work for shipments crossing international borders.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in preparing export documentation (invoices, packing lists, etc.) in compliance with U.S. and Canada Customs requirements.
- Experience in working with freight forwarders, brokers and export partners to ensure outbound shipments meet shipping deadlines.
- Understanding of compliance to all applicable government regulations of U.S. and Canada.
- Competent understanding of Harmonized Code classification with a focus in wearing apparel.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.