Ecommerce Product Manager
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We’re serious about Ecommerce. Like really. We are adding to the team and looking for an Ecommerce Product Manager who will be responsible for identifying, defining, and designing solutions to improve the customer experience through the introduction of new features and functionalities and the improvement of existing ecommerce features and functionalities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Determines and defines the functional scope of projects that introduce new features and functionalities and/or improve upon existing ecommerce features and functionalities, including mobile and native app experiences.
- Partners with Business Analysts to create supporting user stories, documents and specifications for these projects (e.g. ROI analyses, functional specifications, use cases, usability scenarios).
- Partners with business owners to assemble and prioritize strategic roadmap initiatives specific to the brand of business, as well as incorporating companywide objectives into the plan.
- Works closely with Project Managers to ensure that projects are proceeding according to schedule and meeting functional and design specifications.
- Participates in Design, Development, Quality Assurance, and UAT cycles and sign off on all development projects before website “go live” implementation.
- Identifies and solicits internal recommendations for website improvement and incorporate in discussions regarding product roadmap. Perform cost/benefit analyses of proposed projects in order to determine priority and feasibility. Build relationships and act as liaison between merchant, creative, copy, IT, QA and management groups to reach consensus on specifications for new website features and functionality.
- Researches and recommends “best practices” based on competitive analysis for website development projects. Lead A/B testing and usability study design and execution for major projects.
- Measures and tracks project performance and provide the organization with post-launch results analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3 or more years’ experience in e-commerce environments, creating scope documents, user acceptance testing (UAT), usability testing, and A/B testing methodologies.
- BA degree required
- Extensive understanding of retail ecommerce landscape, including “best practice” features and functionality
- Ability to develop business functional specification and use cases
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals, including mobile and app
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodology a +