Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We know that it’s not all about the money, but ultimately we work to get paid. Payroll is critical, but something that doesn’t get much thought until payday. As a Payroll Administrator, you’ll maintain time records, auditing payroll results, and processing manual/off cycle checks.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of our bi-weekly payroll; review and ensure accuracy of time records, track and deduct all wage orders, and other special payroll deductions.
- Ensures timely processing of all payroll transactions in accordance with labor standards and requirements, and company policy.
- Responsible for the coordination of efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Assist employees with any questions related to pay and their paycheck.
- Research and resolve payroll related issues.
- Processes wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court ordered payments in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with current payroll laws associated with processing employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associates degree or higher preferred. CPP a plus!
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience.
- Multi-state payroll experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- Working knowledge of UKG is also a plus!