Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2019 Summer Internship starts June 3rd and ends August 9th. The program provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week work plan that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business. We look forward to meeting you!
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. Our success comes from high-caliber teams that love our product and have a tenacious approach to learning, innovating and being the best at what they do. Our culture is people-centric; we believe in giving every individual the power to shape their own careers by providing the tools to get there. As a buying intern you will support the Buying team with setting up spreadsheets, creating and revising PO’s website merchandising, Social media and trend spotting.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze sales trends and reports
- Creates Purchase Orders (PO’s) and worksheets for Merchandising Admin
- Website Merchandising and how to drive sales
- Online Marketing – prepare and execute Instagram post and analysis results
- Help prepare go forward strategies for Open to Buy
- Product development- work with an item to develop artwork, negotiate costing and determine delivery information
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Smells like Team Spirit – you work great on a team
- Creativity – you are always thinking outside the box
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.