Store Planning Project Manager
City of Industry, CA (CADC) - Full-time
Do you have organization skills so strong that your name might as well be Hermione? We’re looking for a Store Planning Project Manager to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for producing assigned, prototypical, construction documents to support the Company’s construction projects. These documents should reflect basic code compliance and construction details and should be able to be completed with minimal supervision, while meeting scheduled production goals. Coordinate design and provide prototype direction for all active projects in all phases of constructions with all appropriate stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Develop schematic drawings for new store openings that represent new concepts while meeting established quality expectations. Maintains adjacency and fixture plans for all new stores.
- Ensures scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings.
- Design and planning of store layout with high priority on value engineering and use of space dependent of several different scopes of work.
- Coordination of drawings with vendors.
- Coordinate review and approval of fixture plan layout with Headquarters stakeholders.
- Communication with all appropriate stakeholders of any changes to the store design/layout.
- Research of all available as-built drawings, LOD’s, photos, and in-house record drawings for use of our consultants.
- Draw layout in AutoCAD for ‘Minor Refurbishment’ and ‘temporary store’ projects per on-site survey and verbal/written scope of work.
- Create ‘full set’ of Construction Documents for ‘Minor Refurbishment’ and ‘temporary store’ projects per verbal and/or written scope of work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- BA in Architecture, Interior Design, Computer Aided Drafting or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in store design
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is highly preferred. The ability to work with 3-D modeling software and/or Photoshop and Illustrator is not required, but is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of working experience is necessary in order to be considered for this position
- General knowledge of Retail Design code compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized, detail -oriented, ability to multi-task
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Regular travel is not expected though travel for some project rollouts may be needed.