Buying & Merchandising Intern
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2022 Summer Internship starts June 13th and ends August 19th. The program provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week work plan that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business.
Imagine Hot Topic without your favorite pop culture merch?! We can't either (and would never want to). Being a part of the Merchandising team means you help get the best product to our shelves and website. From collectibles to fashion, you’ll play a huge part in ensuring that our assortment is on trend, relevant and selling through to our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support your team in achieving sales and margin objectives for seasonal buy plans
- Assist various areas of the Merchandising team (Licensing, Buying, & Print On Demand) in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data. You'll have a hand in everything from vendor meetings and sample management to trend analysis and analytics
- Partner with vendors and provide an amazing experience with our brand
- Be a team player; you'll work closely with a broad array of business groups. You'll do a great job of maintaining solid relationships with our stores, vendors, distribution centers and planning teams
- Anything else that might come up!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Associates Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- Product Development or Merchandising knowledge is helpful. The more you know about product life cycle, the better!
- Knowledge on pop culture & home trends; it's super helpful if you have a passion for our product!
- Analytical skills and quantitative abilities. You can crunch numbers and have solid working knowledge of MS Offices; including: Outlook, Powerpoint & Excel
- Smells like Team Spirit – you thrive in a group environment and work great on a team!
- Ability to work on-site at our HQ in City of Industry, CA at least two days per week
- Full time availability for the duration of the internship from June 13th - August 19th