Seasonal Internet Fulfillment Supervisor
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Seasonal
You down with ecommerce and retail fulfillment? We’re on the search for a Seasonal Production Supervisors for our Tennessee Distribution Center. Our Internet Fulfillment Supervisors play a critical part in the online order fulfillment and continued fandom of our customers. Our Retail Supervisors play a critical role in making sure our stores have everything they need to keep our customers coming back for more.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing an assigned area. Daily operations include putaway, order-filling, unit sorter, stock moves or inventory control tasks, order-packing, shipping, put-to-light, unit sorter, receiving, and the usual distribution center tasks. This position reports to an Operations Manager of Fulfillment or Retail Fulfillment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Supervise development and performance of 20+ associates, including daily operational procedures
- Conduct training classes and provides instruction for associates
- Handle all customer service related issues and e-mails in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan, coordinates and assists with the daily operational workflow to achieve maximum productivity
- Monitor process accuracy as compared to established goals and coaches/recognizes associates accordingly
- Supervise the reconciliation of cycle counts as well as semi-annual physical inventories
- Create environment of teamwork, collaboration and open communication
- Understand and manage all safety procedures and ensures safe work practices are followed and maintained
- Monitor daily staff to ensure completion of distribution center tasks in a timely and accurate manner on a day to day work plan
- Conduct Observations on a daily basis to provide coaching and feedback to associates
- Makes adjustments as needed to meet deadlines & performs other job duties as required
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in fulfillment center or warehouse/distribution center supervising 20+ people.
- Wave planning experience a plus.
- Previous experience and knowledge of working with multiple small parcel carriers.
- Experience working with various Warehouse Management Systems. (i.e. Manhattan, Red Prairie, Telenet).
- Ability to lead and develop people in a team environment.
- Solid knowledge in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and a computerized warehouse management system.
- Familiarity with LEAN production work methods.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- High communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.