Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We know that it’s not all about the money, but ultimately we work to get paid. Payroll is critical, but something that doesn’t get much thought until payday. As Payroll Supervisor, you’ll supervise, support and mentor our payroll admins. We are seeking someone who is adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced retail environment. You will serve as the main point of contact for payroll-related questions from employees and will work cross-functionally to build strong partnerships with both internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the Payroll Manager and work closely with the Payroll Admins who are responsible for bi-weekly payroll for over 9,000 employees (including managing garnishments, benefits, and taxes)
- Support the needs of a rapidly changing business! Versatility is key!
- Document policies and procedures and identify areas to improve and streamline
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Partner with HR team to design processes that ensure employee information is accurately entered and maintained in Ultipro.
- Work closely with our accounting team to ensure that payroll information accurately flows into our general ledger (Lawson).
- Coordinate with our store operations teams to ensure any payroll related information and guidelines are efficiently communicated to our store teams.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience and FPC or CPP highly desired
- 7-10 years of payroll experience with at least 3 years of multi state payroll
- Able to thrive in a fast- paced environment – retail industry experience is a plus!
- Professional, organized deadline driven and possess a strong attention to detail
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have clear knowledge of payroll compliance with company policies, state, local and Federal laws.
- Strong Excel skills are required and experience with UltiPro is a plus
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.