Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We are looking for a dynamic Payroll Supervisor to join our team to assist with the day to day supervision and support of our Payroll Admins! We are seeking someone who is adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced retail environment. You will serve as the main point of contact for payroll-related questions from employees and will work cross-functionally to build strong partnerships with both internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the Payroll Director and work closely with the Payroll Admins who are responsible for bi-weekly payroll for over *9,000 employees (including managing garnishments, benefits, and taxes) 12,000-14,000 during peak season!
- Help manage and support the needs of a rapidly changing business! Versatility is key!
- Document policies and procedures and identify areas to improve and streamline
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Partner with HR team to design processes that ensure employee information is accurately entered and maintained in UKG and that we comply with company policies.
- Partner with both our IT department and our payroll vendor to ensure system issues are identified, prioritized and resolved.
- Coordinate with our store operations teams to ensure any payroll related information and guidelines are efficiently communicated to our store teams.
- The Payroll Supervisor will think out of the box to bring innovative ideas to Hot Topic and will also help motivate other team members and lead by example.
- Provides back up support to Payroll Analyst as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2-3 years of experience supervising a team, by developing and mentoring team members, and providing clear directives on goals and objectives
- 7-10 years of payroll experience with at least 3 years of multi state payroll
- Able to thrive in a fast- paced environment – retail industry experience is a plus!
- Professional, organized deadline driven and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have clear knowledge of payroll compliance with company policies, state, local and Federal laws.
- Strong Excel skills are required and experience with UKG is a plus
- FPC or CPP highly desired