Windows and Deployments Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
The Windows System Analyst role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Hot Topic information systems that support core organizational functions. The individual will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing large enterprise systems. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems and Projects. This position is located in City of Industry, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for server operations (Windows) including cloud and on premises and maintains systems efficiency.
- Performs regular monitoring and maintenance such as configuration, patch management, version and sub-version upgrades of Windows PC’s and Servers for HQ, DC, and Stores using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Windows SCCM, and Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Configure Global Policy Objects (GPO) and automate administration activities
- Manage additional domain services to include remote access, DNS, Active Directory
- Works with developers to make any software related changes to systems required to resolve incidents or problems.
- Maintains essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Performs server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Supports Tier 2/3 incident and problem management services.
- Performs system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
- Install and harden Windows servers and Workstations
- Harden Windows systems in support of Assessment and Authorization milestones
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on moderately complex problems that require an appropriate level of knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- Microsoft Windows workstationand server operating systems
- Microsoft 365 Office productivity applications, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Experience working with a managed services vendor to ensure timely delivery of services and monitoring performance metrics to ensure service level agreements are met.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information System with a minimum 3 to 5 years of practical technical experience or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an administrator for Windows Servers (2008 to 2022), Workstation and O365 in an enterprise and cloud environment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Window patch management using automation tools such as WSUS and SCCM.
- Must have a strong understanding of IT infrastructure, networks, and architecture.
- Experience in event monitoring, logging, and data collection technologies.
- Any Scripting (PowerShell, Python) is a plus.
- Windows Certification such as MCSA, MCSE is plus.
- Regular travel is not expected though travel to our distribution center may be needed.