Manager, IT Store Systems
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
The IT Manager for Retail Store Systems is responsible for overseeing and managing the technology infrastructure and systems within a retail store environment. This position plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation and efficiency of all IT-related functions and processes in the retail store setting.
Pay range is $150K-$158K.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training, and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage and maintain the retail store application technology, including point-of-sale (POS) systems, inventory management systems, electronic payment systems, and other retail-specific applications.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for all retail store systems, addressing hardware and software issues promptly to minimize downtime and ensure optimal performance.
- Implement and enforce security measures to protect sensitive data, including customer information, financial transactions, and employee records. Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations (e.g., PCI-DSS) related to retail technology systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute system upgrades, patches, and software installations in collaboration with vendors and internal stakeholders. Test and validate new systems or functionalities before deployment.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to maintain service level agreements, resolve issues, and ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Build and lead a team of IT professionals responsible for supporting and maintaining retail store systems. Provide coaching, guidance, and professional development opportunities to enhance team members' skills and knowledge.
- Budgeting and Cost Control: Develop and manage the IT budget for retail store systems, ensuring cost-effective solutions and resource allocation. Evaluate and recommend technology investments based on business needs and industry trends.
- Maintain accurate documentation, including system configurations, processes, and procedures. Generate regular reports on system performance, uptime, and key metrics to monitor and improve the effectiveness of retail store systems.
- Stay updated with the latest technology advancements and trends in the retail industry. Evaluate emerging technologies and their potential benefits for the retail store environment, making recommendations for their adoption if appropriate.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as store operations, merchandising, finance, and IT counterparts at the corporate level, to ensure alignment of technology initiatives with business objectives. Communicate effectively with stakeholders to manage expectations and provide regular updates on system-related projects and issues.
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Experience with XStore and Manhattan POS, preferred
- Proven experience (7+ years) in managing IT systems within the retail industry, with a focus on retail store systems.
- Strong knowledge of retail-specific technologies, including POS systems, inventory management systems, and electronic payment systems.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to retail technology systems (e.g., PCI-DSS, GDPR).
- Solid understanding of networking, database management, and server infrastructure within a retail store environment.
- Experience in project management, including system upgrades, implementations, and migrations.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, with experience in building and leading high-performing IT teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.