Associate Production Manager
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. We're also passionate about Pop Culture...in case you hadn't noticed. We’re looking for an Associate Production Manager to partner with our Product Development team in bringing music and pop culture inspired fashion to life. Apparel production takes a village, and you’re known as the one that’s able to bring it all together. The result: amazing product that our customers love.
What You'll Do
- Manage production process from point of conception to finished product - develop and source fabrics, yarns, and trims; obtains approvals for fabric, lab dip, and trims, ensure tech pack turnovers to sourcing partners; resolve any production issues
- Work closely with the merchant & product development team to ensure vision of product is achieved during the sourcing & production process & updating them regularly on deliveries and production issues
- Liaise with import, vendor relations, and traffic teams to ensure inbound merchandise is properly coordinated for on time delivery
- Source & start up new factory relationships; negotiate appropriate costs and deliverables with sourcing partners to ensure best profit margin for the products are achieved
What You'll Need
- 3+ years product development experience in retail or wholesale with overseas offices
- 3+ years denim experience
- Experience in License product as well as "geek cred"
- Experience in eCommerce
- Sourcing, manufacturing and costing. You work your magic so much, they call you the Harry Potter of production
- An up-to-date point of view on the latest trends & strategies in sourcing & production
- Negotiation is your middle name
- You’ve traveled to & sourced new factories (domestic & offshore); ability to travel is a must
- You're a strong communicator and a team player - you thrive in a team environment and are comfortable giving, and receiving, honest, direct, feedback
- Multilingual is a plus
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.