Senior Systems Engineer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We love loud music, pop culture and driving enhancements across the company. Our tech team is adding a Sr. Systems Engineer to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Hot Topic information systems that support core organizational functions. The individual will be responsible for analyzing, long term planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing large enterprise systems. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems and Projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- 7+ years experience in Windows System Administration such as Microsoft Windows domain and architectures
- Experience with hardware, Operating systems, and application monitoring
- Experience or familiarity with Cloud services such as Azure, Oracle Cloud, and Google Cloud Service.
- 3+ years of strong managing and technical skills in Microsoft Office 365 solutions and Azure implementation and migration
- Experience managing Azure hybrid cloud and O365 with PowerShell scripting
- Strong experience in configuring Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies including Nutanix and VMware Infrastructure
- Experience in Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint, Altiris administration, Crowstrike technologies, Oracle, and SQL server experience
- Experience with Network Architectures including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, and other relevant protocols
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes by the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to initiate and manage a project from inception to completion
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information System with a minimum of 5 years of practical technical experience or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) Preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of IT infrastructure, networks, and architecture.
- Must have experience in Active Directory maintenance and management including group policies.
- Must have experience in Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012/2016/2019, and Windows Desktop management including patching
- Must have experience in Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager and Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager. Must have experience in Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration.
- Must have experience in Data migrations. Knowledge of Microsoft clustering, SQL, SQL clustering, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint, Veeam, OS X, DNS, DHCP, Tape Library, VMware, and Nutanix is a plus.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and be a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritize appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches, obstacles, proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Regular travel is not expected though travel to our distribution center may be needed.