Senior Systems Engineer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We love loud music, pop culture and driving enhancements across the company. Our tech team is adding a Sr. Systems Engineer to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Hot Topic information systems that support core organizational functions. The individual will be responsible for analyzing, long term planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing large enterprise systems. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical, problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems and Projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with IT and Business teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Design and deploy new application Servers and enhancements to existing application Servers, software, and operating systems both On prem and Cloud.
- Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes by the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system stability and patching of all servers, shared software, Cloud , SaaS, IaaS.
- Maintain Domain Controller, Active Directory, office 365.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to initiate and manage a project from inception to completion
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE
- 7+ years experience in Windows System Administration such as Microsoft Windows domain and architectures with experience with hardware, Operating systems, and application monitoring
- Experience or familiarity with Cloud services such as Azure, Oracle Cloud, and Google Cloud Service.
- 3+ years of strong managing and technical skills in Microsoft Office 365 solutions and Azure implementation and migration
- Experience managing Azure hybrid cloud and O365 with PowerShell scripting
- Strong experience in configuring and maintaining Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and DHCP and SCCM.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies including Nutanix and VMware Infrastructure
- Experience in Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, SharePoint, Altiris administration, Crowdstrike technologies, Oracle, and SQL server experience
- Experience with Network Architectures including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, and other relevant protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information System with a minimum of 5 years of practical technical experience or a combination of education with equivalent work experience
- Must have experience in Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012/2016/2019/2022 and Windows Desktop management including patching and Microsoft Licensing.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager and Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) Preferred