Store Systems QA Engineer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Technology keeps the world moving - It’s no different here at Hot Topic. In this role you will have experience testing POS systems preferably Xstore/ORPOS is a must and critical for this role. Experience with Oracle XStore POS is required & Oracle Retail RMS/RPM is secondary and experience in EMV/Payment Integration Certifications, Loyalty, Omnichannel Technology is preferred along with automated testing tools: Git, Jenkins, Selenium & Cucumber. This role should be able to hit the ground running that doesn’t require daily direction. Experience managing vendor relationships/stake holders required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The role will include working closely with business partners, business analysts, product owners, and development teams to test and evaluate in-house and third-party software to ensure compliance with organizational standards and requirements. Creates tests to ensure software meets user needs.
- Creates and maintains project test plans. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results, and test status. Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business.
- Documents all problems and assists in their resolution. Further, they will be accountable for creating and executing both manual and automated test scripts, for reporting test status, and for defect management, reporting, and resolution.
- The Quality Assurance Analyst performs work with a high degree of latitude, is a subject matter expert in POS & associated peripherals, integration systems testing, and will regularly provide project mentoring and oversight to other Quality Assurance Analysts.
- Apply defined QA processes to plan, design, implement, execute, evaluate, and report software testing results (both manual and automated) under minimal supervision for projects ranging from small to large.
- Partners with the Manager of IT Quality Assurance in the development, review, and publication of standards, policies, and procedures for all functions involved with or related to the quality and testing
- Assists in researching new products or technologies to improve our testing framework continuously
- Continues to learn and mature skillset especially pertaining performance, automation, and CI/ CD skills
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 Year / bachelor’s degree in business, IT or other related fields
- 3+ years in a business or technical role focused on Store POS systems & Peripherals preferably Xstore POS or ORPOS. Experience in Payment Certifications for POS. Experienced in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- 3+ Years leading a small team on a large project and multiple small project efforts; Retail experience; Experience with JIRA /any test artifact management tool; 1+ Year of Java/Script-based test automation
- Technical knowledge in Retail Applications portfolio
- Ability to communicate in technical and non-technical terms
- Self directed and able to work autonomously
- Coordinating testing with vendors / partners
- Requires flexibility, initiative and team-focus to drive success, detail-oriented
- Able to work under deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships across cross-functional teams
- Able to communicate effectively with audiences of different seniority levels as well as varying communication styles
- Good negotiation skills a plus
- POS Performance testing experience a big plus
- Automation Toolset experience preferred: Git, Jenkins, Selenium, Java