Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Do you have organization skills so strong that your name might as well be Hermione? We’re looking for a Purchasing Agent to join our team! You will provide procurement support and coverage for the department on all categories and commodities ensuring competitive cost sourcing of quality goods and services for the entire Hot Topic organization. Ensure the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of transactions, with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Facilitate bids, analysis and negotiations for goods and services, as assigned
- Accurate and timely processing of all purchase orders according to company standard process.
- Manage the day-to-day business relationship and transactions utilizing pre-established Annual and Blanket Agreements with key suppliers through supporting activities including ordering, communication of demand/ volume/ delivery time changes, issue resolution, sharing of end-user feedback, follow up on backorders, etc.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of goods and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company
- Works with other members of the purchasing and finance team to support and implement financial initiatives that reduce transaction cost and consolidate volume.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across different organizational levels, functions and brands to support procurement goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- AA or BA/BS in Business or related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years facility or commodity purchasing experience
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of purchasing and a basic understanding of the finance functions
- Experience in Lawson a plus, but not required
- Quick customer service/problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; Able to forge internal customer and external supplier relationships
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.