Divisional Merchandising Manager - Fashion Apparel
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We are on the search for a DMM who is goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial to join our fun and exciting team! This person will provide leadership and strategic direction to the division team, the open market buying and the design and development of house labels for stores and website. This position is responsible for the continuous overall development of the brand and the presentation of trend right, fashion and merchandising.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Sets strategic benchmarks and partners with P&A, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Stores, and other departments on planning of sales, margins, mark-ups, discounts, promotions, events and advertisement.
- Manages overall divisional budget.
- Designates financial objectives to buyers and associates.
- Hires, leads, and develops team of Merchants for product category.
- Establishes and adjusts divisional strategies, business practices, global objectives and priorities.
- Leverages resources, programs and tools to maximize the bottom-line profits.
- Negotiates or provides guidance to Merchant group in licensing and agreements.
- Regularly attends concerts and fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding music/fashion.
- Identifies new business opportunities with products, assortments and concepts.
- Consistently evaluates fashion trends and identifies demands and potential products to fill those niches.
- Directs and controls the activities of merchandise procurement/selection, pricing, product design and development.
- Oversees continuous implementation of brand and presentation.
- Communicates business objectives and provides feed back to teams regarding their business/financial results.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum 8-10 years of accessory merchandising experience and 5 years of management experience in retail establishment with proven history of successful financial results.
- Licensing experience is a must
- A college degree with education/experience on fashion design and product development is a plus.