Customer Service Representative-Part Time
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Part-time
Love Customers? We do too. We’re expanding our Call Center and on the search for customer fanatics. As a Customer Service Representative (CSR), you’ll field a high volume of calls, emails and social media inquiries, resolving customer issues and provide amazing service to all inbound calling customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Monitor phone queue to ensure proper coverage is maintained at all times
- Respond to emails, live chat and social media inquiries in a way that reflects our brand voice
- Use product knowledge to suggest items to customers and properly inform them on product choice.
- Provide feedback to management regarding current customer service processes and procedures; we’re always looking to get better!
- Patience – you’ll encounter customers that might need extra support and you will need to be consistent in how you provide help, including your tone and effort
- Know our process, and properly inform customers of order status, product availability, and manage customer expectations around it
- Maintain all quality, productivity, reliability and sales performance standards
- Assist with overflow calls from other concepts when needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 1 year of experience working in a customer service or call center environment
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills (Word/Excel/Outlook); you’ll have to be internet savvy as well
- We get a lot of email and social media inquiries, so you’ll have to type pretty fast
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include early morning, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, especially when we hit peak seasons
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a PLUS!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.