Senior Network Administrator
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We love loud music, pop culture and driving enhancements across the company. Our tech team is adding a Sr. Network Administrator to our IT Infrastructure group. The individual will be an internal expert and resource to support our IT infrastructure. Helping to identify problematic areas and implementing installation, maintenance, and upgrades of server/compute/network hardware, operating systems, and software.
This role is based at our Headquarters in City of Industry, CA .
Pay range starting at $43/hr - $52/hr.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assess the company’s network and computer system needs and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot server hardware and software for VMware/Nutanix virtual server clusters across three datacenters and multiple Cloud IaaS environments.
- Ensure optimal performance of company’s PURE and NetApp storage arrays.
- Assess network infrastructure and compatibility in support of migration to cloud storage solutions.
- Monitor and resolve issues related to web, application servers and load balancers (on premise and cloud).
- Administer and maintain end user security keys and certificates (e.g., TLS, PKI, PGP & SSH etc.)
- Ensure WAN/SDWAN connectivity to datacenters and 800+ retail locations and immediately resolve problems reported by end users.
- Install and configure network equipment such as routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Identify, configure, and install appropriate firewalls in a hybrid environment including physical and virtual hardware, security and routing policies and related access management policies.
- Ensure network security, evaluate and recommend security improvements, and maintain PCI/SOX compliance within LAN/WAN environments.
- Support network systems in a 24/7 environment ensuring stability, security, and optimal performance.
- Support & maintain detailed network information, included diagrams and documentation.
- Troubleshoot multi-platform/multi-vendor issues, determining scope, problem identification and resolution.
- Support Help Desk and POS Support teams.
- Support other departments technology projects and ensure they are implemented securely, following best practices.
- Other technical tasks as directed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years relevant IT experience as a Network Administrator.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or Information System or MCSE or CCNA/CCNP a plus
- Experience supporting Windows servers (Active Directory, MS SQL, IIS) and Azure resources a plus.
- Experience supporting and maintaining a secure hybrid Exchange environment including on-premises mail server, M365, spam filter, SPF/DKIM, DMARC and other DNS records.
- Experience working with VPN and setting up site-to-site VPN, or direct connections to Azure and AWS.
- Experience working with Cisco routers, Cisco and Meraki switches, and Meraki access points.
- Experience working with dynamic routing (BGP and OSPF), Switching, IPv4, multiple VLANs, Firewalls, UTM, vulnerability scanning and remediation, DDoS protection, multi-path routing, wireless setup and management, and load balancing.
- Ability to learn and understand business systems used throughout the company and be able to support and integrate those systems into existing and/or new environments.
- Experience with setting up and managing DNS, DHCP, NTP, and other common protocols and services.
- Experience setting up and managing TLS certificates, PKI, and/or Zero Trust cloud services.
- Experience with firewall concepts and technologies (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, FortiGate and/or Meraki).
- Experience working with Linux/Unix or Mac OSX a plus.
- General scripting (Bash, Python, Java, etc.) & Power Shell experience a plus.
- .NET Windows/Web application development a plus.
- Exposure to PCI DSS or SOX a plus.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.