Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
As a member of the Finance team, you will be integral in efficiently scaling our fast growing business. You’ll build reports, financial models and processes to support a wide range of financial planning and analysis. You’ll be empowered with visibility to the entire organization, which provides a unique opportunity to develop insights that will meaningfully impact our business. You’re a team player who possesses strong analytical skills; critical thinking; and enjoys solving complex business problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, understanding key trends, assessing current and future business risks and opportunities while communicating insights
- Support the forecasting process, including department T&E, Facilities and other OPEX forecasting
- Assist with preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
- Leverage systems to build process and tools to support analysis
- Develops daily store sales plans based on prior year trends, recent trends, and management
- Perform tracking and analysis of store performance
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 1-2 years related work experience in financial analysis; your feet are wet and ready to dive into deeper waters
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Technical chops: solid MS Excel/spreadsheet skills and are comfortable working with complex financial models
- Although not an accounting position, you will be working closely with our accounting department and should have a solid understanding of accounting principles #mathskills
- You work well in a demanding, fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately, cope well with change, and maintain composure under pressure
- Drive; you’re highly self-motivated, you have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth potential
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.