Omni-Channel Allocation Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Do you love numbers and being analytical? We are looking for an Omni-Channel Allocation Analyst to join our team! In this role you will perform data analysis to anticipate customer demand, locate assortment opportunities, and accurately position the inventory. Here at Hot Topic we are open to fresh perspectives, and this role provides the opportunity to get creative when it comes to problem-solving.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop a thorough understanding of your categories’ business through frequent analysis.
- Applying your learnings, you will create omni-channel allocation strategies. These strategies include initial allocations, re-orders, and replenishment from backstock.
- Analyze in-stock position regularly for company defined “never-outs”.
- Provide assortment recommendations to buyers to ensure appropriate depth and all-store to layer ratios.
- Develop seasonal allocation strategies to support the flow of seasonal inventory during peak periods. Maintain optimal inventory placement across channels and identify potential inventory gluts in-season. Partner with cross-functional team to reduce inventory liabilities post-peak.
- Provide test style performance and roll-out recommendations to the cross-functional team.
- Identify re-order opportunities and provide recommendations from a bottoms-up perspective.
- Create and maintain size scales and grades (volume indices that determine a store’s depth and breadth of assortment) for your areas.
- Ad-hoc analysis as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- BA degree
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to flex between working independently and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- A positive outlook and the ability to adapt to change
- Retail allocation experience preferred but not required