Junior Digital Media Producer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Hot Topic, the retail destination for music and pop culture-inspired merch, is looking for a Junior Digital Media Producer to assist the marketing team with the execution of its video campaigns. Hot Topic is a fun, fast-paced environment where creativity and collaboration thrive. You will partner with marketing strategists, graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, and other internal business partners to integrate video strategies into brand marketing campaigns. If you‘re a music fan and a pop culture junkie, this is the role for you.
The Associate Digital Media Producer is a critical role in maintaining a steady output of content for customer facing platforms such as YouTube, other social media channels, and in-store displays. Additionally, the person in this role will be responsible for producing internal video communications for the Hot Topic team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Video shoots – Assist in production of video campaigns. Responsibilities include, lighting, sound, and camera operation.
- Editing – Creative assembly of a variety of content types; such as interviews, fashion, event coverage, live performances, product video, and training.
- Catalogue maintenance – Consistent and accurate archival of completed projects. Maintenance of footage library for future edits.
- Additional support in execution of marketing strategies.
- Research and suggest opportunities to grow the Hot Topic video presence via social media.
- Social Networks – Stay up to date on all current and emerging social platforms.
- Gear maintenance – Ensure all gear is properly stored to prevent unnecessary wear. Identify repair needs.
- Live events – Assist in the production needs of all live events; including set building, lighting, A/V equipment operation, photos, crowd control; as necessitated by the event.
- Pre-production – Pitch and develop content ideas with marketing team and on-camera talent.
- Scripting and storyboarding.
- Sound recording and mixing.
- Motion Graphics.
- Video trends – Stay on top of video innovations to keep Hot Topic on the cutting edge of content.
- Work on projects for Her Universe and BoxLunch.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Film degree or equivalent production experience.
- Passionate about video. Experienced with channels including YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
- The ability to transport and operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of Music and Pop Culture.
- Fashion industry background a plus.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and resourceful – with a good sense of humor.
- Fast learner, adaptable, organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work in a high-pressure team environment.
- Experienced in Final Cut and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to travel as necessary.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.