District Manager- Nashville, TN
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We are looking for a Master Jedi to lead our Padwans in understanding the Force that is Retail Stores. Our District Managers lead and direct groups of stores towards achieving company objectives. You will be responsible for achieving district operational consistency, communicating and implementing company directives in partnership with the Regional Director and HQ. This position reports to Regional Director for MS, TN, KY, and IN.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish and maintain consistent "sales first" focus within district
- Ensure that all stores are consistent in using Hot Selling skills and providing excellent customer service
- Identify market conditions and merchandise opportunities with objective of increasing total store volume
- Achieve consistent district merchandise presentation and visual presentation standards
- Coach store managers to formulate action plans to improve results for poor performing comp stores
- Proactively determine district manpower needs in support of maintaining a solid management bench
- Assess and develop store staff to ensure optimum performance throughout the district
- Identify top performers within the district and create development plans to promote growth within the store teams
- Partner with store managers to cultivate interviewing skills with a focus on hiring high caliber candidates
- Monitor and control payroll usage to meet company expectations
- Achieve district shrink at or below company plan
- Monitor and control store supply expenses and all aspects of operational compliance
- Travel between store locations in MS, TN, KY, and IN
- Performs other job duties as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 years experience in multi-unit management - specialty or fast food
- Illustrate a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Regular travel is required
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.