Lead Integration Developer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Hot Topic is looking for a hands-on Lead Integration Developer with experience in modeling business logic and automating business processes using Biztalk/Webmethods or any Middleware components. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for the integration components of the business and will focus on leading the processes and resources required for business operations by partnering with Production Support and peers to assist in implementing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading systems and applications. Additionally, this position will serve as the local functional and technical SME, providing support and educating users on the system applications and implementing best practices across our family of brands: Hot Topic, BoxLunch, and Her Universe.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Make recommendations to management on opportunities for process improvements by utilizing and leveraging applications in this space.
- Lead in the RFP process to evaluate Middleware enterprise component to be replaced.
- Meet with business partners, project managers, and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, and lead prioritization of build items.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications to stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow; document risks and identify mitigation strategies
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to the developer’s/project team, this includes creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the team
- Review system design plans with vendors, internal teams and consultants for reasonableness and fit within the business requirements
- Standardize processes, create metrics and tools to measure progress, focus on continuous process improvement.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Integration Developer
- Experience in API Gateway technologies, Data Ingestion, ETL processing & exposing APIs on Data Lakes/Data Hubs
- Understanding of different architectures (SOA, EAI) and frameworks. Solid foundation in Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) principles and service modeling
- Working experience in EDI, XML, Flat file transactions, and communication.
- Superior knowledge of XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP, REST, HTTP, JMS, FTP, XSLT, WSS, and SSL.
- Experience in deployments, configuration, performance tuning, monitoring and working in Unix/ Linux environment.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Proven exp. transforming business requirements into interoperable enterprise services
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills