Manager, Legal Lease Negotiations
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
With over 800 locations across the US and Canada, our customers are never too far from a Hot Topic or BoxLunch location. With so many locations adding up to significant real estate, we are in need of a Manager, Legal Lease Negotiations who negotiates and drafts leases for new stores, relocations and remodels; and amendments for extensions and other lease actions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drafts and negotiates (under SVP supervision) leases and amendments (for all type of centers including malls, strip centers, lifestyle center and street); ensures all leases are executed prior to lease expiration date, kickout date and start of construction.
- Draft and negotiate related documents such as commencement date letters, lease amendments, tenant estoppels and subordination non-disturbance agreements.
- Crafting new lease language to current retail environment standards and updating outdated language while maintaining the highest standards of protection for the company.
- Maintains current status on all open matters.
- Creates legal files and appropriately organizes related documentation.
- Inputs critical dates and legal documentation data into Real Estate Legal/Leasing database.
- Interprets lease language as necessary to determine company’s rights/responsibilities regarding leases and informs Leasing team of issues.
- Prepares, packages and distributes legal documents for review and signature.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years of lease drafting and negotiating experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Retail Leasing and legal language
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organization skills and multi-tasking ability
- Team collaboration skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- 4-year college degree (preferred)