Junior Business Systems Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Hot Topic Inc is looking for a Junior Business Systems Analyst to join our growing IT team. This role will provide user and application analysis and manage moderately complex projects, gathering business requirements and managing project scope and deliverables. This position reports into the Business Systems Manager and will assist the team in the functional requirements definition, design, implementation, and maintenance of applications for our project.
This role is based at our Headquarters in City of Industry, CA. #BI-remote
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Define and analyze user and business requirements and evaluate application features to come up with technology solutions/alternatives for the POD project.
- Communicate with users on solutions, project scope and implementation timeline; develop functional requirements for new processes or process enhancement.
- Communicate and coordinate with the client group and related IT functional areas to implement application changes; coordinate with vendors to implement production fixes, application enhancements, and manages vendor delivery of production fixes and application upgrades.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans for new application implementations.
- Provide impact analysis and manages integration efforts with other applications and initiatives.
- Provide customer service to the assigned business groups and ensure escalated operational needs are met.
- Cross-train the IT Operations group and Help Desk to support business systems; provide technical and procedural support for escalated Help Desk calls.
- Help define SLA’s and SOP’s around critical business processes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/business discipline.
- Understanding of SQL (TSQL/PLSQL) and Relational Database Technology (MSQL/ORACLE/MSAccess).
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project.
- Knowledge of one or more core business concepts (Ecommerce, Order management, Distribution, Omni Channel).
- A dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- A results-driven mindset, and proactive problem-solving skills