Merchandise Planning Intern
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2019 Spring Internship provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week program that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business. We look forward to meeting you!
We’re looking for an intern to join our collaborative Planning team! In this role you will provide support to the planning department and it’s cross functional partners with day to day business needs such as; sales, inventory and gross margin forecast.
Dates of Internship: February 18th-April 29th
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze the business to spot trends and opportunities
- Learn forecasting techniques to understand opportunities and mitigate risks
- Communicate the opportunities and risks to cross functional partners
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Smells like Team Spirit – you work great on a team
- Creativity – you are always thinking outside box
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.