Senior Network Engineer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Technology keeps the world moving - It’s no different here at Hot Topic. We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our growing tech team. In this role you will play an active role in the overall design and implementation of network technologies within Hot Topic/BoxLunch HQ, Distribution Center, over 800+ remote stores, public cloud (Azure, oracle, google), and network devices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provides network engineering and/or network administration to our multiple Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks and the support of over 600 user environments, distribution centers, and 850+ stores.
- Implement new network hardware or technologies and resolve problems with current networks and technologies. This includes architecture, network sizing, configuration, installing network infrastructure to standards, and working with vendors as needed.
- Implements and managed Cisco, Fortinet, Meraki Switches, and Meraki Wireless Access Points
- Assist with network design and implementation of firewalls and applies firewall policies and rule sets to multiple systems with impeccable documentation.
- Install and configure necessary network monitoring and management systems to troubleshoot internal and external data networks and RF infrastructures.
- Networking Hardware/Software support and deployment
- Design and configuration of various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform service restoration in event of an issue including working with circuit providers to ensure timely response to problems.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA / BS preferred
- CCNP, JNCIP, or equivalent certification
- 7+ years experience architecting, configuring, and supporting complex networks
- 5+ years architecting, configuring, and supporting firewalls including Cisco and Fortigate
- Experience installing, designing, and supporting networking including access control solutions for Cisco and Fortinet solutions
- Cloud Services such as Azure, Oracle, and Google.
- Extensive knowledge with TCP/IP, OSI, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PPP, PPTP, IPSec, SMTP, SNMP, STP, VTP, HSRP, RADIUS, 802.11a/b/g, 802.1x, TACACS+ protocols, CoS, PoE, NTP, DHCP,Radius, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec
- Network hardware configuration and network performance tuning
- Ability to research networking issues and products as required for long-term solutions and vision.
- Experience in securing the company network from security breaks, viruses, and ransomware attacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team member on concurrent tasks/projects.