Ecommerce Assistant Buyer - Accessories
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. Our success comes from high-caliber teams that love our product and have a tenacious approach to learning, innovating and being the best at what they do. Our culture is people-centric; we believe in giving every individual the power to shape their own careers by providing the tools to get there.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Achieve sales and margin objectives for seasonal buying plans.
- Participate in defining and outlining organizational strengths and weaknesses, and determining external opportunities and threats.
- Support Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data.
- Assist Buyer in developing market analyses to define and assess current trends.
- Maintains assortment plans and continually assess market to identify and react to trends.
- Correspond with vendors; provides excellent service and attention.
- Facilitate strong working relationship between corresponding merchandising teams and the field organization.
- Maintain close relationships with Stores, Vendors, Distribution Center and Planning and Allocation team.
- Perform other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Regularly attend concerts and fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding music/fashion.
- Knowledge on pop culture & novelty trends
- Proven analytical skills and quantitative abilities.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Offices.
- Illustrated dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.