Associate Director, Legal Lease Administration
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
With over 800 locations across the US and Canada, our customers are never too far from a Hot Topic or BoxLunch location. With so many locations adding up to significant real estate, we are in need of an Associate Director, Legal Lease Administration. In this role you will negotiate the legal retail Real Estate leases and amendments for new stores, relocations, renewals, temp locations and remodels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manages Lease Administration team
- Responsible for maintaining Legal teams’ high standards of accuracy and lease terms.
- Reviews all legal documents for accuracy before submitting to approval process.
- Negotiates retail leases and amendments with mall developers; ensures all leases and amendments are executed prior to lease expiration date, kickout date and start of construction.
- Reviews and analyzes lease language for their assigned landlords. Communicates with internal legal, leasing, and finance team to determine the best course of actions.
- Drafts kickout and co-tenancy letters and reviews the leases to verify timing and accuracy of proper notice and requirements.
- Maintains document flow and update status in database.
- Follow-up with landlords and Real Estate team on weekly basis (more often for critical items).
- Prepares, packages and distributes legal documents for review and signature.
- Scans/saves all critical documentation from deals they are working on into online lease folders.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5-7 years of negotiating for mall/retail leases and amendments.
- College degree or paralegal certification preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with lease administration software preferred (Lucernex).
- Management experience.
- Good influencer and negotiator on expression of lease terms and intent
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects.