Manager of Print on Demand (POD)/Graphic Design
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
You don’t need to have Superman’s laser vision, but you need to have an eye for detail and aesthetic! We are looking for a Manager of Print on Demand (POD)/Graphic Design, who is passionate and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. Thriving on being a part of a dynamic and fast paced organization.
This position will manage multiple art projects for direct to retail (DTR) licensed programs including studio properties, music, gaming and anime projects (to name a few) specific to our Print on Demand (POD) program. The ideal candidate will be strategic, thoughtful, HYPER ORGANIZED, with an amazing background in graphic design and are a hyper geek having a passion for all things pop culture, music and fashion. Creative, smart and fast moving, the Manager of POD/Graphic Design lives for a fast paced environment, ready to lead and produce amazing art while maintaining our calendar deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create: Will collaborate with team to create original or exclusive art based on style guides provided by our licensor partners. Will be required to contribute art alongside direct reports in order to continuously provide new, creative POD graphics to Hot Topic Inc brands (Hot Topic, Box Lunch and Her Universe)
- Inspire & Lead: Listen, support and troubleshoot while maintaining a positive, no nonsense attitude
- Communicate: Efficiently communicate at all times and proactively trouble-shooter. Articulate the status of projects in work, by providing stats that will help keep the cross functional teams informed of progress, including updating Excel and weekly updates with manager & VP
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA or equivalent in Graphic Design
- 5+ years of graphic experience for the apparel industry, a passion for design and a good understanding of market trends
- Proficient in the latest Photoshop and Illustrator programs
- Proficient with MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Strong freehand drawing skills
- Strong sense of typography and composition
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.