Associate Graphic Designer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're looking for a Graphic Artist to bring our Pop Culture designs to life through our product. This role will design original graphics and artwork by collaborating with Design and Product Development Teams for Hot Topic Merch. You'll work with our print houses for screen printing and on demand product, getting the coolest designs to our customers super fast.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Works under the direction of the Lead Graphic Designer and Design team to create original apparel graphic assortment for each delivery.
- Designs original graphics and textile repeat patterns, as well as contribute ideas to design process regarding color and placement.
- Makes recommendations and changes on re-coloring existing artwork.
- Stays current with markets and up on current trends.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Geek-level knowledge of Hot Topic licensed partners (Disney, Marvel, Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network, Lucasfilm, Studio Ghibli and more).
- Advanced Adobe CC Programs (Photoshop and Illustrator) skills required.
- Experience in a MAC based environment.
- Ability to effectively use computer design applications and hand drawn/illustrations for mixed media artwork.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, take honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers HOTT’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding pop culture and social media trends.