Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Taxes- one of the few things that are certain in life. We are looking for a Tax Manager with a big-picture perspective and an interest in ensuring processes and systems are efficiently designed for tax compliance, but also balanced with business needs and capabilities. You will manage a team of two, as well as outsourced relationships, to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage all aspects of the company’s domestic and foreign tax compliance.
- Research and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions.
- Manage the tax filing process and reviews all federal, state, foreign and local income tax returns, as well as sales/use, HST/GST and property tax returns and business licenses.
- Ensure all state and federal direct and indirect tax payments are accurate and timely.
- Coordinate cross-departmental requests for information for audits and outsourced filing requirements.
- Manage assigned projects such as financial audit, and ensure internal controls are maintained throughout our tax processes.
- Review and approve all indirect tax returns and payments.
- Keep abreast of ever-changing tax regulations and implements process changes as needed.
- Research sales and use tax law changes to ensure compliance.
- Manage the Company’s federal, state and foreign income, sales, use and property tax and business license audits and examinations.
- Coordinate all income, sales and property tax and business license projects with outside consultants, tax agents and external accountants.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Research and plans for special or unique tax circumstances.
- Propose annual budgets for Tax Department.
- Partner with various departments, communicating and documenting the status of tax projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master’s degree in Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
- 5 - 8 years public or industry, tax or accounting experience.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Exceptional understanding of tax related matters, along with a well-rounded finance and accounting acumen.
- Proven people and project management skills.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word and Outlook and intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to perform effectively with sensitive deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Will be accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.