TNDC- Industrial Engineer
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
We're looking for an Industrial Engineer at our Tennessee Distribution Center to lead the improvement of product flow for Hot Topic brands. This role will identify, develop, and promote new technologies, methods and processes to improve our product flow and lead to efficiency gains for us, and a better experience for our customer. This is a great opportunity to implement new ideas and make an impact on a growing eCommerce business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), benchmarks, and best practices for the Distribution Center (DC).
- Evaluate the operational impacts of strategic projects and initiatives by conducting workflow analyses, value engineering, and operations research.
- Collect and analyze performance data in order to make recommendations to management for revising existing or developing new standards for improvement of efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Maintain current engineering standards for DC operations while developing methodology to conduct time and motion studies for on-going standard evaluations.
- Develop project schedules, milestones, and budgets. Deliver key updates and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Oversee the layout and design of distribution/fulfillment operations in order to optimize flow, alleviate bottlenecks, enhance workstation ergonomics, reduce labor costs, improve service times, enhance product quality/accuracy, etc.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to develop lean, process-driven solutions and labor management system.
- Design and implement system and process solutions that optimize end-to-end supply chain productivity and efficiency while maintaining safety, quality, and customer service standards.
- Procure various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology as required, and perform ROI analyses and cost/benefit analyses for capital expenditures and projects.
- Performs other duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an industrial engineer or similar capacity.
- Experience in conducting motion and time studies for the development of future engineered labor standards.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling equipment (MHE) systems.
- Experience in LEAN Green/Black belt.
- Possess an understanding of distribution and fulfillment strategies (waving, slotting, increased storage density, productivity rates, sortation systems, MHE, AutoCAD layouts, etc.).
- Familiar with Manhattan or other WMS (Warehouse Management Systems).
- Excellent communication skills with all levels within the organization and customers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Solid MS Office skills with an emphasis on Excel.
- A combination of office and distribution center environment. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.