Junior Associate Attorney- In-House
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We are on the hunt for a Junior Associate Attorney who is skilled and experienced in a wide variety of areas. In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support to Hot Topic’s legal department, and interact with many different departments within Hot Topic; therefore, strong people skills is a must. Candidate also must be detail-oriented, collaborative, and a self-starter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drafting, negotiating, and revising various contracts, including intellectual property license agreements, employment agreements, nondisclosure agreements (NDA), staffing agreements and information technology (IT) agreements;
- Providing legal advice on compliance with product safety, advertising and consumer protection laws;
- Providing legal advice in other areas of law, such as employment law and intellectual property, as necessary;
- Conducting legal research;
- Partnering with Hot Topic’s licensing department to support licensing strategies and priorities;
- Responding to subpoenas and assisting in litigation-related discovery;
- Partnering with supervising attorneys and outside counsel to resolve various legal issues that arise in the course of business; and
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in California.
- Experience working on a broad range of contracts.
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of product safety, advertising and consumer protection laws;
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of employment law and/or intellectual property is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Experience in an in-house legal department is a plus