TNDC- 2nd Shift Senior Operations Manager
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
You down with IFC? We’re on the search for a 2nd Shift Sr Operations Manager for our Tennessee Distribution Center. This role plays a critical part in the online order fulfillment and continued fandom of our customers.
You’ll be responsible for all budgetary, people development, and internet fulfillment operations objectives for the Internet Fulfillment Department of the Distribution Center. Your people skills must be on point including: mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations, and building leadership bench strength. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Managers, Supervisors, Team Leads, IFC hourly associates and temporary associates. This position reports to the Director of Internet Fulfillment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Experience with data mining performance metrics to drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional areas and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the Internet Fulfillment Operations.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Assistant Operations Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Operations Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their shifts.
- Leverages the Operations team by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional areas.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other Operations Managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques.
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- College degree required.
- 7+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment of a staff of 200 or more.
- Prefer demonstrated experience managing an internet fulfillment operations with highly automated unit/order sorter systems of a mid to large size, high pace automated distribution center.
- Demonstrated experience and a strong understanding of wave management philosophies and optimization of the management of product flow through high pace unit sortation systems.
- Experience with integrated high unit demand sorters (i.e. Beumer, Intervol, Etc).
- Experience with Auto-bagger integrated systems.
- Experience with Put Wall system integrated pack stations.
- Experience with Manhattan 2009-2014 WMS, Pyramid Control Systems, Agile/Purolator transportation systems.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation.
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation.
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.