Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California -
Hot Topic, the leader in alternative fashion and licensed fan apparel, merchandise & collectibles, has a great opportunity for a User Experience Designer. This person will help lead Hot Topic, Box Lunch & Her Universe into the future—where websites, apps & stores are seamless, engaging experiences for our customers.
We have a lot going on here at Hot Topic, and 2022 will be a busy year for the digital experiences team. This will be a great opportunity to work on a variety of projects with some awesome & talented people. We’ll be looking to leverage what you do best, give you opportunities to level-up your skillset, and welcome you as part of our dynamic & diverse team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Attend team meetings, daily scrums & project kick-offs
- Understand product specifications, business goals & user expectations/frustrations
- Conduct competitive research to document similar challenges & solutions
- Brainstorm & design multiple options, to find the best solution for the project
- Work directly with product owners, stakeholders & developers to identify & document the experience
- Create wireframes & high-fidelity comps, based on existing design system, creating new components as needed
- Work with product & technology teams to conduct Visual QA and assist with bug resolution & product pivots
- Document general UX/UI issues & heuristics for contribution to the issues backlog
- Collect & contribute to continued competitive landscape research
- Take an active role in learning new skills, overcoming challenges, and engaging with team & cross-functional partners
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Visual Design or similar experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience, ideally in eCommerce
- User Experience fundamentals (Wireframes, User Journeys, Flowcharts & Prototypes)
- Visual Design fundamentals (Layouts, Components, Icons, Glyphs, Typography)
- Understanding of best practices, patterns & design trends
- Understanding of platform differences: Mobile Web, Desktop, App (iOS & Android)
- HTML & CSS fundamentals
- E-Commerce experience or understanding
- User Research experience or understanding
- Experience with component libraries & frameworks, such as Bootstrap, etc.
- Experience working within a team environment, using agile & lean processes
- Experience with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, & XD or similar (Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping software, such as inVision, XD, Figma, etc.
- An interest in pop-culture, whether it be movies, music, television or animation
- Good communication skills: written, verbal & visual
- An understanding of retail, e-commerce, and marketing fundamentals
- A desire to learn, grow your craft & career, and support the team goals