Assistant Buyer - Music Apparel
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Hot Topic is looking for our new resident Musicophile to join the Hot Topic Buying team as an Assistant Buyer. At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. Our success comes from high-caliber teams that love our product and have a tenacious approach to learning, innovating and being the best at what they do. Our culture is people-centric; we believe in giving every individual the power to shape their own careers by providing the tools to get there.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Achieve sales and margin objectives for seasonal buying plans.
- Participate in defining and outlining organizational strengths and weaknesses, and determining external opportunities and threats.
- Support Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data.
- Assist Buyer in developing market analyses to define and assess current music trends.
- Maintains assortment plans and continually assess market to identify and react to different music trends.
- Correspond with vendors; provides excellent service and attention.
- Facilitate a collaborative working relationship between corresponding merchandising teams and the field organization.
- Maintain close relationships with Stores, Vendors, Distribution Center and Planning and Allocation team.
- Perform other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Regularly attend concerts and fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding music/fashion.
- Vast knowledge on a variety of Music trends
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative abilities.
- Working knowledge of MS Offices.
- Illustrated dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.