Assistant Buyer - Novelty Tees
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. Our success comes from high-caliber teams that love our product and have a tenacious approach to learning, innovating and being the best at what they do. Our culture is people-centric; we believe in giving every individual the power to shape their own careers by providing the tools to get there.
We’re searching for an Assistant Buyer – Novelty Tees to help manage our Men’s and Women’s categories. You’ll play a huge part in ensuring that our assortment is on trend, relevant and selling through to our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support your team in achieving sales and margin objectives for seasonal buy plans.
- Assist your Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines and internal product development team to augment planned assortments based on trend data. You'll have a hand in everything from vendor meetings and sample management to trend analysis and analytics.
- Partner with vendors and provide an amazing experience with our brand.
- Be a team player; you'll work closely with a broad array of business groups. You'll do a great job of maintaining solid relationships with our stores, vendors, distribution centers and planning teams.
- Anything else that might come up!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associates Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Product Development or Merchandising knowledge is helpful. The more you know about product life cycle, the better!
- Availability to regularly attend concerts and fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding music/fashion. Tough work, huh?
- Knowledge on pop culture & fashion trends
- You can crunch numbers and aren't afraid of the words: analysis & Excel
- Last but definitely not least; you'll need to be a team player with a positive attitude. This is a high volume category so you'll need to thrive in a fast paced environment, have an amazing attention to detail, and time management skills.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.